We welcome donations in any of these forms:
- Program sponsorships/partnerships
- Professional service contributions
- Spreading the word to anyone who is even remotely connected with geography education
Donating in India
- You may contribute funds, materials, or services.
- Please be advised that at this time, we are still working towards obtaining 80(G) certification, section 12(A) registration, and FCRA permission.
- To donate by cheques or Demand Drafts (DD): please make your crossed cheques/DDs payable to THE INSTITUTE OF GEOGRAPHICAL STUDIES, payable at par in Bangalore, and send by secure mail or courier to our project office:
The Institute of Geographical Studies
c/o 4, 7th Cross, Ashoknagar
Banashankari 1st Stage, Bangalore 560 050
Information for donation by online transfer (e-transaction):
Bank name: State Bank of India
Branch Code: 002263
Branch: Richards Town branch
Address: No. 14, Yolee Mall, Pottery Road, Richards Town, Bangalore – 560 005
Account name: The Institute of Geographical Studies
Account type: Current Account
Account number: 34890455257 (11 digits)
IFSC Code: SBIN0002263 (4 letters + 7 digits)
MICR Code: 560002040 (9 digits)
Phones: +91-80-2548-3212 ; +91-80-2548-6609
Donating in USA
Dharani USA, Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit charitable trust that raises funds and other support for the activities of The Institute of Geographical Studies, Bangalore, India. Your contributions are tax-deductible and you may choose one of several ways of contributing here (the link opens in a new window/tab).
- Contributions to Dharani USA, Inc are tax-deductible in the USA.
- You may contribute online here (using PayPal or credit cards)
- You may also set up an automatic donation directly from your account to Dharani USA. Please contact Dharani USA for details.
- You may also send checks to:
Dr Heidi J. Nast, Professor
International Studies Department
DePaul University, Chicago
990 West Fullerton Ave
Chicago, IL 60614-2458
If you send a check please be sure to include your full name and postal address for us to mail you a receipt.
Dharani USA’s EID#: 62-1817940
In collaboration with Dharani USA, Inc., Chicago
TIGS needs your support!
We seek crowd-funding for a variety of needs and seek your contributions, however small or large. Here are some examples of our immediate needs.
Setting up a TIGS office where interns, Teaching Fellows, and other staff can work. We are currently in discussions with a private foundation to support salaries and several programmatic costs. We have to find funding for the premises. (Total needed: approximately INR 900,000)
Deposit for premises (approximately INR 300,000 - 350,000)
Monthly rent for premises (approximately INR 30,000 - 35,000) for 3 years; INR 360,000 to INR 420,000 per year.
Office furniture and equipment (desks, chairs, shelves, etc.) (approximately INR 100,000)
Conducting the IGYS-2016 (total needed approximately: INR 725,000)
Scholarships for deserving students and teachers to participate fully in the conference (registration waivers + food for approximately 65 participants), approximately INR 50,000
Honoraria for workshop resource persons, invited speakers, and volunteers (approximately INR 200,000)
Operational costs (approximately INR 481,000)